Victoria S. Hardy

Victoria S. Hardy

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Creation and the Holy Grail


I think we are all searching for the Holy Grail in some way or another, what that represents for each person is different, but I believe all of us have similar needs and drives. For a lot of us spiritual folks, I think we feel as though we are on a quest, unsure of the destination, but thrilled by the urgings to study one more theory. We understand more than most beings how serious this journey is, how important and we see ourselves as warriors on the front line.

I can point to many different points in my life and call them spiritual waking times, as though I have spent a great deal of my life in a coma, waking briefly to inhale great deals of knowledge, information and thought, before drifting back into a twilight sleep to digest. And I'd ask myself why. Why can't I stay awake? I've heard people say that we are like water, we ebb and flow. Movement and repose. But what about the consciousness, the awareness of our connection, the knowledge that we really are the same?

I've spent a lot of time looking outside of myself thinking I could define myself, find myself through the thoughts and theories of other people, but I couldn't see the duality that is the Universe. The duality of all things being me and not me, all things being true and not true, the reality we see and the one we don't. And the power of creation that lies inside each one of us.

It is said that we will be known for our works. Is that the work you give to receive a paycheck or the work you give to the church or the kindness you give to other people? Is the million dollar houses that shine on top of hills in the richest neighborhoods? Is it that stack of half finished paintings gathering dust in a corner? The book, unfinished, laying on a shelf in the back of the closet? Is it winning all the Grammys you can carry? Is it having Oprah truly interested in what you have to say? Is it curing Aids in Africa? Is it feeding kids and paying college tuition? Yes and more.

Our work is the world we create around us, remember we have the power of creation, our thoughts are things and our duty is to create the most beautiful world we can imagine. If you hate politics, don't participate, it's not your world. If you hate the state of affairs you see on the news, turn off the news, that's not your world. See for yourself exactly how your world should be, see it, imagine it, feel it, it's not greedy to want everything you've ever wanted, it's the Universe, there is enough for everyone.

The Holy Grail we are all searching for is right inside us, it's the easiest thing in the world to just receive the goodness. The mystical answer we have been seeking is imagination and thought, we have created the mystery, because we are wonderful creators. Create your world, just as you may create a meal or a wonderful evening, create your reality, see yourself having everything, the All, see it everyday and you will hold the Grail in your hands.

No comments: